Shirley Burger

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Christmas in July from Cas


What fun to open my package with all the goodies. I can hardly wait to use the threads and the bangles, maybe together. And the eyeglass case will be great to carry with me when I work with fine threads. My friends are fascinated with what I am working on. Christmas is a long way off, but my tree will be graced with the wreath ornament that Cas tatted. And the sunstrip will be great on my patio door, or on the window that looks out on the patio. Thanks Cas, and thanks to Sue for spending so much time and effort to coordinate the exchange. Love it!!!!

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2008 at 5:30 PM , Blogger castats said...

Hi Shirley!

I meant to put the info in the package, but forgot.... At best guess, the birds in the sticker (top down) are... A rainbow lorikeet, a king parrot, a kookaburra, a rainbow bee-eater, and a (possibly black) cockatoo.

I chose this one as I've seen most of these birds in person (except the king parrot)... We used to feed rainbow lorikeets at home (these birds are real characters, chatter non-stop); we had rainbow bee-eaters visit at home (used to flit about the eaves eating insects); have had kookaburras nick sausages off the barbeque on outings (they seem to think they're snakes, it's quite funny watching a kookaburra trying to "kill" a sausage by whacking it on something); and the last one is a cockatoo (possibly a black one, we certainly don't have blue ones!) This link has some beautiful artwork of Australian birds. The bee-eaters here are more like the ones I'm used to! =) http://www.mckenziegallery.com.au/Paul%20Margocsy%20Exhibition.htm

Happy tatting,

Cas. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home