Shirley Burger

Thursday, August 7, 2008

I like to tat from my Japanese tatting book. The number of stitches is there in the diagram and also ABC to tell direction. It doesn't seem to matter that I can't read anything. I also can't read the name of the designer. This motif is one of the patterns which I have done in a variegated purple size 70 thread.
The cat is also done in ecru size 70 thread from Rebecca Jones book "The Complete Book of Tatting". Earrings are done in white size 70 with pearlized beads from the same book.
The green tree (or whatever) is from the DMC "Festive Tatting" is size 30 with DMC Cordinnet Special.

1 Comments:

At August 8, 2008 at 2:24 AM , Blogger Tat-a-Renda said...

I can't read Japanese but I like their tatting books too. The charts are easy to follow. And it's not just the tatting patterns. I have a Japanese book that have finishes with tatting in them and each step in making the finishings are also diagrammed. There are also many charted crochet patterns in Japanese with lovely design.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home