Shirley Burger

Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 motif challenge motifs #2, #3, & #4


The variegated purple snowflake is from Jon Yusoff's wonderful "Tatted Snowflake Collection". It is the one named "Pirouette" and is done is size 70 thread. The color # is long gone. It measures almost 3" across using that size thread.
The small bookmark is taken from Mary Maynard's "Tatting Rings of Flowers". The thread is DMC size 80, color #66. This is flower #57 and in that size thread measures just 1". I had planned on tatting a great many different flowers from this book and putting them on a dark blue denim jacket, but I've since realized they would have to sewn on and I would not be able to do that since I am unable to hold a needle. It's disappointing but they make neat small bookmarks when I add a tail (my own design.)
The 3rd motif is from Jon's Patterns Page. It is the 'Quantiesque' Snowflake. The colors are my favorites--all size 30 thread, but not the best of threads, unfortunately. The red is J.&P. Coats Best Six Cord color #128. The green is color #701 DMC Cebelia and the white is also DMC Cebelia. The Coats thread really does work up well and is easy to use. I have a bunch of these left over from my early days of tatting when i didn't know better. lol
Feel free to comment. I enjoy hearing from you.




3 Comments:

At February 1, 2009 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your Christmas Quanti is lovely! Your tatted snowflakes are all pretty.

 
At February 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Gina said...

OH, 3 colors! Very nice! hmmm..maybe red, white and blue in the summer???

 
At February 2, 2009 at 3:37 AM , Blogger Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I especially love the purple snowflake!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home