Shirley Burger

Sunday, November 16, 2008



This is another example of my design in placing beads throughout an ornament when none are in the original design. I used Lene Bjorn's book "24 Snowflakes in Tatting", and this pattern is called "The First day of December". I love the bright colors in variegated threads that are available and this one is HHLizbeth size 20 in color #118. There is a single 1/4" metallic gold bead tatted into the center and 1/8" gold beads on the shuttle thread and placed on picots between rings. It was rather difficult keeping track of where I was on the pattern. The motif measures 4 3/4" in diameter.

2 Comments:

At November 16, 2008 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Tat-a-Renda said...

You are doing great. Love your ideas with the beads. Looking forward to more, and thank you for sharing.

 
At December 17, 2008 at 3:12 AM , Blogger LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Hi Shirly,
Thank you for your comment on my Free Shuttle post...I am sorry but I could not locate my link on your page.....
If you need help there is a tutorial on my blog.

Cheers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home