Shirley Burger

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

now I have 21 of my 25 -- might make it before Christmas

When I received the Lizbeth Christmas thread (color 116 in size 20) I couldn't wait to use it. The all-white centers and outside edging are DMC blanc #20. The pearl beads are 4mm. The beads were added one-at-a-time except for a few that had to be on the ball thread. This pattern is from my Japanese pattern book. I think it's a little late for me to learn to read Japanese, so don't know the designer.

The maple leaf motif was done by Tammy M. Rodgers from a pattern from the February 1975 issue of Workbasket. It seemed perfect for the use of Heather's Hand Dyed Thread. The color is golden cranberry avocado in size 20.




The Christmas ornament is from Lene Bjorn's "24 Snowflakes in Tatting". The pattern is The Fifth Day of December. I used white (dmc cebelia, size 20) for the rings, then added green metallic embroidery thread to make it sparkle. Next time I will use finer
thread with the metallic--I think it will be prettier.


The heart pattern is from a book given to me by a friend--it is from Annie's Attic-- "Heirloom Treasures in Tatting". The pattern in called Valentine and is designed by Florence Anthony. The only difficult part was in attaching the three center motifs (of course, figuring out where I needed to carry the beads on the shuttle thread posed some problems. The beads are pearl--2+mm. I used size 20 thread instead of the 30 called for which made it a little larger, but it was the color I wanted. The thread is Flora, color 62.
I hope you enjoy my efforts. Please feel free to comment.

6 Comments:

At September 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Sally Kerson said...

The Japanese design is amazing and the beads show it off so well. The maple leaf is also pretty, I'm adapting that design at the moment, but don't know whether it is working!!!
All your work is lovely.

 
At September 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Just_Jeannette said...

They are all just so pretty! I like the Japanese design as well!
Great Job!
Jeannette

 
At September 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Jane Eborall said...

Love the Japanese piece. The heart is lovely too.

 
At September 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Singtatter said...

Great works! And lovely colours too! Guess most of us like Japanese designs, including myself:)

 
At September 30, 2009 at 2:32 AM , Blogger Toptattyhead said...

Very pretty work, Shirley!
I know you say you are a beginner, but your work is really beautiful! I think it is time you started to design your own patterns - you would be surprised at what you could achieve!
Linda

 
At October 18, 2009 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely work! The photos are all so nice! Thank you for sharing. Everything is so pretty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home