Shirley Burger

Saturday, July 17, 2010

I now have 14 motifs + 72 very small butterflies

This first photo is from Annie Potter's book of crocheted bookmarks. You can see that it lends itself to transcribing to tatting. The 2nd photo is my interpretation of that bookmark. Is my effort a new design? You can decide. Anyway, it was hit or miss and lots of retro-tatting . The final photo is the final product. The flowers are all take-offs fromMary Maynard's "Tatting Rings of Flowers". The threads were DMC Cebelia size 20--for the bookmark and one of the flowers, I used ecru. The other flowers were tatted in Color
#437 (a camel color), a light grey green color #524. The yellow was size 30 (because it was the right color) in color #745.
if you'd like the pattern please email me

5 Comments:

At July 17, 2010 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Beelizabeth said...

If I understand some of the things my sister (who had to keep track of copy right issues at for the company at her last job) you absolutely have a pattern you can call your own. It's beautiful. I think I'd like to have a copy of the pattern.

 
At July 17, 2010 at 2:45 PM , Blogger tatting-marie said...

I love your new pattern - great job of converting from crocheting to tatting. When and where can we obtain this new patern? When will we see another conversion?

 
At July 17, 2010 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Art by JoyMac said...

You have done a great job on converting this Chrochet pattern into Tatting.....I love it.
Congratulations
Joy in OZ

 
At July 19, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Clotat said...

love your pattern. it is a good translation.. crochet to tatting..
greetings
clau

 
At August 8, 2010 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Gina said...

Oooh..you're doing it too - translating crochet into tatting. Not sure how I missed this post. I'm glad to see someone else doing this. We've seen the pineapples in tatting but it's time to see more. Excellent job! Hope mine turns out as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home