Shirley Burger

Saturday, July 16, 2011

i'm now up to 5 for my 25-motif challenge


The shamrock bookmark is designed by Ellen Lai. The thread is pearl cotton #8 in color #701. I sent the bookmark to my STA for St. Patrick's Day. With 4 leaves it would be a clover.

The snowflake is from "Tatted Snowflake Collection" by Jon Yusoff and is called "radiance". I love doing these--always a challenge. This is tatted in white--DMC Cebelia, #20 thread.


The next motif is in sunshine colors. I guess i needed that to brighten a miserable blizzardy winter day. It's designed by Nancy Tracy--she does such pretty patterns. The thread is Coats & Clark tatting thread in size 70--the color marker is long gone. It's from my stash from long ago.

And the pretty red heart is from "Tat's Amore" by Martha Ess--such a neat book and fun to use. It is the Antique Rose Heart. Again I used thread from my stash--this is Clark's O.N.T in size 30. The color is #126. This is old thread given to me by a friend who got it from her grandmother, so i'm sure it's no long available.

I hope you enjoy seeing my efforts. It's becoming more and more difficult for me but I keep at it. One project is to make enough butterfly bookmarks to supply all of my doctor offices. i'm getting close. Please feel free to comment.

2 Comments:

At July 16, 2011 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm always delighted to see your work!

Everything is wonderful, and it's always special to see vintage thread being put to good use. I love the thread color on Martha's heart, which is perfectly tatted.

 
At July 16, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Ladytats said...

Very pretty Shirley, and isn't it fun to use those threads with history? every time I use threads from my grandmother, I remember her

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home